Saturday, October 28, 2006

Them Shanks

This was originally posted here on October 19th 2006. Strange Highs and Strange Lows

An interesting thing happened yesterday at the golf course. I was lining up my shot over a little pond to get to the green. The golf cart was off to my right and a bit ahead. I remember thinking to myself that maybe I should move it. Then I thought that it's not in the way.

Of course, I shanked the ball.

The damned thing cannoned into the golf cart with a bloody great big bang and shot back across in front of me and headed right for Bob and Jayse. I yelled, "LOOK OUT!!!!" and saw Bob's eyes bulge and open as big as saucers. The ball flew right over his head and I mean right over. By a few inches. If he'd been taller it would have nailed him in the forehead. If he'd been Peter Crouch, he'd have had his teeth knocked out.

No one got hurt so we laughed our nuts off about it.

"When a brother has the shanks there's really no place to hide" - Samuel L. Jackson


No comments: