Thursday, December 27, 2007

What is.... This is....

What is marriage?

Or rather.....

What is the thingy you mumble when you get married?

A vow.

Oh.

This is what a marriage vow is to me.

* It is a vow to love and cherish my wife.

* It is a vow to protect her in heart, body, mind and soul.

* It is a vow to place her first and foremost.

* It is a vow to commit to a lifetime relationship and that I accept it wholly.

* It is a promise to her parents and family to love her and care for her now that I have accepted responsibility for her.

* It is a promise to my parents and family to uphold the values they have imparted on me and to carry my family name with honour.

In as such, I expect no less from the girl I would marry.

And I've never been married. Am I deluded, misguided and idealistic?

Jezzuz! I am pathetic.

2 comments:

The Bimbo said...

No You're not!...

You don't know how happy and excited I am for you!

All the best in your love life!!! :)

*keeping fingers and toes crossed*

Anonymous said...

You got it smack on, bull's eye! No delusions, it's exactly as it should be to make a marriage work.

Any less, it will land up opposite.