Monday, March 31, 2008

Swim

No, I haven't been lazy, I've been busy. Hence blog didn't get updated. We did the study review and Open Water Certification exam on the weekend and aced it! I scored 96% and Nat scored 94%. Woohoo! Gear fitting was done as well. We got to pull on expensive bits of diving equipment. Next week is the confined water sessions in the pool.

Just one change. The resort at Tioman has been fully booked. This means we're going to Perhentian instead. At least I'm not worrying about driving all the way to Mersing anymore. We'll be flying to Kota Bharu instead. Thank goodness for Air Asia.

First, we have to pass a swim test. After the exam and all that, we headed off to the pool to swim. Nat won't have any trouble. She did the requisite 200m and more. I however, am in trouble. I can't seem to manage it without getting really really tired. I'm also sunk (what a pun!) with the 10 minutes unassisted float. It's basically staying afloat any old how without any floatation device/assist. I naturally sink like a stone. I have no idea why. It takes me back to when my mum tried to teach me to float when I was still a pre-school kid.

We have a pond in the front of the house. One time it was cleaned out and refilled. No fish. My sister and I played in it every day. My mum thought she'd teach me to float. She supported my body and she told me to relax. I distinctly remember wondering what 'relax' meant! Anyway, everytime she let go, I sank. Instantly. It seems to be no different now about 30 years later.

I guess I'll have to tread water for ten minutes.

Sigh....

The pool sessions, as I've mentioned, are this weekend. I'm not going to be able to play with scuba gear if I can't swim the 200m or stay afloat for 10 minutes!

Sigh....

Ya'all gotta excuse me. I'm going swimming. Every day. Till the weekend.

Sigh....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go go go!! And stop blogging, for now, till you can swim 200m & stay afloat for 10 mins, eh?!?! :P

Sen said...

I did it! Hahaha!