Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Test Video

I thought I'd do the YouTuber thing. I'd get my guitar, play a little song and get it on video. So I set it up to record on my cell phone.

First I do a little trial run. Wanted to see that the framing, the sound and such was okay.
I smack the first 15 seconds or so of the song out. The timing's not right, I miss a couple of notes, the synchronisation with the backing track is out and the backing track can hardly be heard.

But it's okay. It's just the Test Video.

Then I start recording the Actual Video. And after I finish the song I discover my cell phone's done the famous Sony Ericsson thing and has fucked up i.e. crashed. By the time I finish swearing and cussin', it's past 10pm and I generally don't play past 10pm. Give the neighbours a break. I play electric guitar and my housemate plays violin. They must be on edge sometimes.

Anyway. Yeah.... the phone fucked up. So all you get is the crappy Test Video!

4 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Pretty neat for a test video. I'm tone deaf so way of telling if your timing's out or whatever, but I'll take your word for it buddy ... LOL!

Grace Koh said...

Woo hoo!! :)

Kevin K said...

hey bro! good stuff. nice to see u picking up the guitar again! now, time for me to try a test run....haha... ur fingering looks good man, keep it up!

Sen said...

Since then I have actually managed to record the entire song. Trouble is I was wearing jeans and the Flying-V guitar isn't the easiest thing to play sitting down. I had to keep stopping the thing from sliding down my leg. Ah well....

Woohooo! Indeed! It's a fun song to play.

Kev mate, fingering? Kinkay! So that's why we love the guitar so much! HAHAHA!