Thursday, October 18, 2007

18th October

18th October is my father's birthday. Happy Birthday!

Only when I wished him it was a little bit weird. He called me up in the morning to talk to me relating to some property that belongs to the company. So we talked about that and he was about to hang up so I quickly said, "Hey! Pop! Happy Birthday!" And he said, "Oh. Yeh. Thanks. Bye." and hung up.

That's my father for you.

I think he was pleased though that I remembered because he went home later and asked my mum if she had reminded me.

Plus I sent the card via Pos Express to make sure it arrived on time. And it did. Way to go, Pos Malaysia. Just don't send anything via ordinary post is my tip for the day.

The card said something along the lines of "Dad! Remember when I had an awkward question to ask you and needed to tap your wisdom, your experience, your knowledge? And you always told me...."

And inside the card, it said, "Ask Your Mother."

He pretends like he doesn't.... but my dad's got a sense of humour.

Which is good or else he'd have drowned me in the fish pond years ago.

Happy Birthday Pop!

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Buddy, wish your dad for me, k? And thanx for the tip about Pos Malaysia ... LOL!

Sen said...

Thanks Nick! :)

Yeah. I had a document sent to me from Ipoh via snail mail and over a week later I have to call the lawyers to resend the docs. They courier down the documents and the snail mail arrives the day the courier does!