Monday, October 22, 2007

Hazard

Hit the golf course at Bukit Utama on a whim. It's brilliant having a golf course 5 minutes away from home. Okay, so it's only 9 holes but hell, it's 5 minutes away!

I didn't play particularly well today but it was alright. Not too bad.

But the hazards on the course are pretty formidable. Undulating fairways, multi-tiered greens, varied elavation, blind greens, water and the like. I can't talk about the bunkers today because I didn't go into any. But nothing beats what happened to me today.

I hit a good drive off the 4th hole and watched it land a distance away with satisfaction. Then we drive up in the golf cart and that's when I see a dog dropping a ball out of its mouth. The damned mutt had picked up my ball from the fairway and dropped it at the trees. What's the rules book say about that? Damned if I know. The dog was chased away by some brandishing of the golf clubs. It sat there wagging its tail looking quite proud of itself with the ball at its feet and somehow managed to look like it had its feelings hurt when it was chased off.

It wasn't a game of fetch!

Fucking mutt!

No comments: