Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Friendster Whores.... Continued.

Friendster. It was a good idea. Initially. Mostly now it's just an online popularity contest and a geek's superego. I posted the text below in August last year in my original blog which was on, um.... friendster.

"The idea of friendster is to link people for a variety of purposes, for friendships, relationships, business and what have you. The phenomenon of Friendster Sluts and Hos has basically ruined it. They're the ones with a few hundred or more than a thousand friends. Jeezuz. I don't even have that many acquaintances.

I actually wrote on my profile page that I do know the people on my friends list one way or another and that I am not interested in the numbers game. I still occasionally get friend requests with no introduction or greeting. Obviously, these people didn't even bother to read my profile first. It's not a problem. I now accept their requests and then delete them immediately. They'll receive confirmation that I have added them and I promise you they won't even know they were deleted straight away. They think they've boosted their numbers while I maintain my own list untarnished and untainted."

Well. Nothing's really changed since though it has slowed down. They do all have the same language though.

"Hi! Pleased meet you. Mind to be friends?"

Now, as to why it's slowed, let me elaborate. First I added 'sex' and 'erotica' to my list of hobbies.

Next, about a week later, I quoted, "If Ron Jeremy can fuck 'em, so can we!" on my shoutout.

Finally last Friday, I changed my shoutout quote to "Wanted: Fuck buddies. Apply within."

I haven't heard anything since. The silence is bliss.

Oh and by the way. You can apply here too.

Haha.

My friendster profile

1 comment:

pinksterz said...

i see you wrote the same thing as too.

some more now friendster got that bloody comment thing, wonder how thing will get worse by time?

anyway, i'm linking you on my blog. hope you don't mind.

p/s: not that you can delete like in friendster. ahakz!