Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Jackass Got Nuthin' On Me

I've just seen the second Jackass movie. The first one was already pretty weird and the second went to new heights. I can deal with the painful and strange. I'm just not very keen on the disgusting. Leaving aside the stunts which involved feces (human or otherwise) and other bodily wastes, it's pretty much good brainless humour.

Which is why kids in America have been doing really stupid things while one of their dimwitted buddies holds the camcorder.

But this is not a post about that.

This is a flashback.

When I was really young I fell down the stairs. From the top of the stairs to the landing in the middle. By some freak chance I fell just like a stuntman would. The roll was perfect. After crashing and rolling down the first set of stairs I remember standing up and wondering how I managed to roll down the stairs completely unharmed. My mum was sitting on the sofa wide eyed and open mouthed. I think she was really really relieved to see me stand up and walk without fuss. However, as curious as one is at such an age (3 years old I think), I had to see if it could be done again. Before my mum could do anything sensible I promptly threw myself down the next set of stairs. The result was about the same.

I got to the end of the stairs.

The only difference was this time I really hurt myself. I remember howling away while being comforted by my mum. I think mum was more perplexed than anything else really. I also think that's when my sister decided I was the dimwitted one in the family and proceeded to treat me as such until our teenage years.

So yeh.... before Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera thought about doing shit where you get yourself hurt, well bugrem, I was already doing it.

1 comment:

pinksterz said...

you should write to the director telling them this. lol.

then they will realise, Johnny and Bam are nothing compared to you because you think of doing it. they were asked to do i.