Saturday, March 24, 2007

Not so hot

These are excerpts from a letter sent into football365.com by a Richard Horley. No, I have no clue who he is. Just that he wrote to a website I read regularly.

Metallica and England. Both are due to play the new Wembley in July. I definitely know which one I would prefer to go and see at the moment.

When I go and see Metallica in July, I know I will leave the stadium thinking "Bloody hell. One of the best nights of my life and they are the best live act ever". I know when I next watch England, I know I will leave the stadium thinking "Bloody hell. I feel very underwhelmed and cheated out of my money by an act which really should live up to their billing. A bit like the Red Hot Chili Peppers".

That's a pretty accurate assessment. I saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers play in Perth. More like the Not Very Spicy Chili Peppers. Fabulous musicians no doubt. They just weren't very interested to be there. They came, they played and they fucked off with our money is what it was. As for the English national football team, please please please stop playing Stevie G and Fat Frank together in midfield!!!

Fat Frank has to go!

When are they going to figure out that lumping the biggest names in English football into the same team doesn't work? It's not about your best players (or overinflated reputations). It's about the best balanced team possible. Also, Steve McClaren's no different from Sven in that he only picks players from certain clubs and ignores more deserving players in other clubs. While we're at it we could bring back David Beckham. At least Becks always looked like he cared and tried his darndest.

This is my little campaign for a proper England midfield.

Out with Fat Frank!

No comments: