Monday, March 12, 2007

No wonder I'm a mess

Flashback #BST47835G

When I was in primary school there was this one question a teacher asked the class. It was during the religious studies period and being a heathen non-believer I was in the class of leftovers. Yes yes, I know I'm going to hell. I've been told many a time already. Don't bother, I've heard it. Even from my own girlfriend 2 relationships ago. She told me with a look that said that it was so sad it had to happen because I was going to burn even if I didn't really deserve to but I could save myself if I wanted to.

Please. Gimme a fucking break.

I told her she's only a christian because she was born into a christian family and she'd been fed propaganda in church all her life. I told her that I thought her sister who's a devout christian was a insufferable bitch and a hypocrite. That got her to thinking because she couldn't disagree with me there. I'm not saying religion is wrong. We'd all like something to fall back on when all that's left is hope. All I would like is a little more thought and brain processing thrown in.

Anyway, back to the question. The question was, what are the world's seven continents. I could name all seven so I put up my hand and provided North America. One down, six to go right? Wrong. The dumb cow screwed up her face, thought real hard and then told me that no, North America is not a continent.

It is of my opinion that if you are teaching primary school, you don't ask little kids a question you don't even know the answer to yourself. I was perplexed. This was a teacher. Scion of information and knowledge. Then another kid put up his hand and informed dear teechur that North America is indeed one of the world's continents. She accepted that from that kid.

When you're in school there are the kids that the teachers tend to favour cos they're more outspoken and hardworking. Hardworking doesn't equate intelligent. All you do in school is regurgitate lessons. I was one of the more quiet ones. I was one of them kids that didn't want attention while wanting it secretly. Self esteem issues you understand.

Anyway I remember one incident involving one of these fucking teacher's pets. The teacher marking the English essays came to show my class teacher one pet's essay. In a word it was shit. There was the teacher pointing out the mistakes, the little bastard giggling and my class teacher tut-tutting. Anyway, conclusion. She 'give chance' to the little bastard. I quote, "Sooooo lucky. I give chance." There were other kids who really tried their best but found it hard going. English isn't used in many a household here. They got a lot worse marks for their essays despite trying while the giggling little cunt got away with it when he didn't give a shit.

Anyway, it ain't over. How this little cunt further improved his standing with the class teacher was to rat on me. I wasn't particularly interested in what the teacher was saying once during class. It wasn't a lesson and I was more interested in a new story book. So I was reading the book under the desk (the book was under the desk Einstein, not me) and this little bitch was sucking up to the teacher by standing by her desk giving her love while she talked and then walked over to my desk and dobbed me in.

I would have loved to have smacked him a good one but that would have only landed me in worse trouble because you don't beat up tattle tale teacher's pets and get away with it. Anyway to top it off, this teacher didn't like me at all for some reason and loved to pick on me. This was pure joy to her. Anyway, I ended up in deep shit and it went all the way to the headmistress. That's how the headmistress, Mrs. Loke came to know me. Two years later, she was probably the only adult in the school to believe in me and my potential. Too bad the very next year I moved up to secondary school where I suppose I sunk again. I also suppose all I needed was for someone to believe in me. I did mention self esteem issues didn't I?

No wonder I'm a mess.

4 comments:

Kevin K said...

bro, i tell u one thing i've learnt in my life... n my girlfrens a christian too, a reborn christian... u get the drift...

tell u wat...just fuckin believe in urself...u will get fuckin nowhere if u dont. n wats worse, while we all crave for attention, some assholes out there just wanna go screw u up... cant help it, theyre assholes...

well, once u hav faith in urself, so will people hav faith in u man... hell, i look up to u like ur my long lost older brother i never had n i wish i was like u... in a way, im kinda stuck here doin wat i do, wishin i can do wat u do...lol... does it make sense?

Sen said...

I think that was a vote of confidence.... LOL

Thanks bro!

Anonymous said...

hi Sen, Alwyn here (Barb's wacky next-table colleague - for the next 1 day anyway, *smile*)...

"All I would like is a little more thought and brain processing thrown in (regarding religion)."

Good man, I like that. Even now, after 20+ years of going to church, I have questions (incl. some which jumps up and bite u in the ass every now and then like, "Why did God just sit back and watch the kids in the Holocaust die?" I've got some std answers but I suspect God - if He exists (grin) - is less concerned about giving me answers than about my motivations for asking them. And, of course, the difference it would me.

Well, anyway, that's one of my top 5. Cute blog - u got a cute writing style. And i agree: Zidane's got to screw his head on tighter, :)

Anonymous said...

You're only a mess if you allow yourself to think so... besides, to quote one teacher, "while all teachers have good intentions, not all of them are good." Let it go Pups.. you've got enuf potatoes in your sack.