Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gawlf

Had a long, slow and deep trawl of various golf product and review sites on the internet some days back.

If I had a bag wishlist, this would be it. (In brackets: What I'm using now)

Driver : Cleveland Golf HiBore XL
(Burrows Golf Powersphere M.A.C. 421)

Fairway Wood : Cleveland Golf HiBore Fairway 19 degrees
(Burrows Golf Powersphere M.A.C. 3 Wood)

Hybrid : Cleveland Golf HiBore Hybrid 22 degrees
(Dunlop LoCo 24 degree Hybrid)

Irons : Cleveland Golf CG Gold
(Cleveland Golf CG4)

Wedges : Burrows Golf M.A.C. Tour Bounce 56 and 60 degrees
(Burrows Golf M.A.C. Tour Bounce 56 and 60 degrees)

Putter : Burrows Golf ION III
(Burrows Golf ION II)

It's a shame Burrows Golf went bust. They made very very good clubs. I love their products and what they made, I bought. I have the driver, fairway wood, 2 wedges, a putter and 3 caps. At the Malaysian Open, when Thomas Bjorn teed off into the oil palms I yelled at him - from the safety of (1.) the other side of the fairway, (2.) on a hill and (3.) in a big crowd - that he shouldn't have stopped using Burrows Golf products. You don't wanna fuck with a big, irate, belligerent bastard like Thomas Bjorn, trust me. But yes, he was formerly one of Burrows Golf's touring pros.

That's my dream bag, what's yours?

No comments: