Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Guilty pleasure

It's been a long time since someone took me out on company expense. It's one of the drawbacks of working for yourself i.e. it doesn't happen. I've been treated to meals (and damn good ones too) in my capacity as a Property Manager but it's not the same as employees of a company taking me, as the employee of another company, out on expense.

I can understand building good will but it doesn't stop me from feeling it's all a bit unnecessary. It felt a bit more like a bribe. And I had to shake off a bit of guilt. We went to the most expensive place near my office. For those of you who'd know - corner, air-conditioned, seems to cater to the company expense type lunch. And it's the best meal I've ever had since starting work here. Fish, venison and veg. Waitress standing by the table waiting on us.

That's worth the guilt I'm sure.

No comments: