Monday, July 09, 2007

I had nuthin'

Yeh, I know I've been neglecting the blog. I just hadn't had any earth shattering revelations of late. Rather than subject readers to more pictures from someone else's website without anything to read I sat on my fingers and henceforth no posts for a bunch of days.

It's no different. I don't really have the writing juices going still. Blog slump I think.

I did have a good weekend though. Went to the golf sale. Finally bought a new cap to replace my wrecked old one. You'd be amazed what sun and sweat can do to a cap over a year considering I only wear it when I play golf. I also had time with my little family. I went to see my buddy Joe play with his band at the Ol' Skool Bistro. That was cool. I really enjoyed the show. Had beer after beer and went through two police blocks which mercifully were on the other side of the road from where I was going. Joe and I even re-enacted an old tradition where we sat down somewhere public with a Ramly burger and a fizzy drink and talked shop. That was Saturday.

I slept in on Sunday. It was great. Played my footy which is the highlight of my Sundays. I think I could be one of the few guys who actually tell new girlfriends that first and foremost - I play footy on certain days and nothing will stop me from doing so. That said, the non-footy bits of Sunday was good too.

Monday - here I am back at work where my iPod keeps me sane. I'm waiting for Wednesday. I play footy Wednesday.

1 comment:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I was wondering when we'd get something new from you. Yeah, I can relate to the Ramly burger, fizzy drink sitting by the roadside bit. Used to do that quite a bit those days. nothing beats a Ramly burger :) May even make this the topic of my next posting ;)