Friday, July 13, 2007

Shine

I got this gem of a thing separately from two of my favourite bloggers, Nick and Bobo.



Got it weeks ago and I just sat on it since when I'm supposed to award it out myself. It's like a blog tagging. I didn't at the time for a number of reasons, some of them quite selfish of course.

I was very pleased to get this from two bloggers whose own blogs I enjoy very much. In the very first post of Brain Spillage I had written something along the lines of 'If I have, through my writings, been the catalyst of an emotion, thought and or opinion, bad or good, I will be pleased.' I somehow would like to believe that Nick and Bobo thought I actually deserved the accolade of a thinking blogger award.

I didn't want to award it back out straight away for a number of reasons.

I didn't want to dilute the award further at the time. A pure 100% selfish reason of course. Silly if you think about it since it's theoretically growing exponentially every time it's awarded. Another reason is that I would have given it straight back to Nick and to Bobo. I didn't want it to seem like I was giving them the award just because they had given it to me. Though if you were familiar with their blogs, you'd agree that they do indeed deserve it.

Another reason is that I was a little thrown by how Nick and Bobo described me (through my blog). It made me realise that the personality I imply through my blog is not quite close to what I am really like. The foundation is there but the reality of it is that my personality is quite the opposite. In person I am really quiet, reserved, self conscious and lacking in confidence. Written words free my inhibitions. I write a lot better than I can express myself speaking. So naturally, blogworld is the natural environment for my thoughts, feelings and expressions.

I been a bit blank recently. Which is why I've been having a blog slump.

I would award the Thinking Blogger Award to the following bloggers:

1. Nick Phillips - Which is strange only in the sense that why I started reading his blog was a picture of a scissors drawn by a child which looked like a penis. Uh, the drawing, not the child. Since that one picture I have become a fan of his blog. I like the way he writes and expresses himself. It's very human. I've also watched as his blog grew and increased in popularity. And deservedly so, I'd say.

2. Bobo - Unusual in the sense that the blog is written entirely in the third person. Kinda like the Jimmy character in a Seinfeld episode. She writes well and what I also like about Bobo's blog is the unpredictability factor. I never know what she's going to write about next.

3. Barbsie Loaded - Thinks too much and doesn't think enough. Will make YOU think. She'll think the award is ironic and I'll probably get my testicles squeezed for this.

4. Little*Wonder.Net - Brenda's only 20 but apparently already left her teenage years far behind. I very much like the way she writes specifically that Spelling Check has nothing on her.

5. AwesomeZara - The definition of candor.

I know my descriptions are lacking and for the want of a better effort so I do apologise to the five bloggers. I didn't think I needed to emphasize the thinking bit. That's what the award's for.

4 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Yo Dude, thanx for the award :D What a way to end the week. Happy weekend!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Congratz!! Have a wonderful weekend!

The Bimbo said...

thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Squeezies PePe's buddies!