Monday, August 13, 2007

Aquarium

I hate moving. I love my new house but I have always hated moving. All the packing, disposing, transporting, lifting and all that.

The most difficult things for me to move though are my aquariums. They're big, fragile and heavy. Had to catch all the fish, empty out the tanks which includes water, sand, stones, wood and plants. Have to disassemble the stands, lights, aerators, pumps and filters. Move everything and back to square one. Set everything up again. Since it's going to be such a pain, I thought I'd document it. Cos you're going to see why it's going to be worth it.


4 foot tanks, 3 days ago.


4 foot tanks, yesterday


2 and half foot tank, 3 days ago


2 and a half foot tank, yesterday



Cannister filters

It would have been good to be able to be planting the tanks by this week but I've had a bit of a setback. What else but footy injuries. I got pushed while I was jumping for a ball so I landed badly on an ankle. And I also got kicked in the thigh so this means I can hardly walk right now. Anyway I'll be posting updates as the aquariums progress. There are still a number of stages to go.

1 comment:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Dude, that's one reason I gave up on keeping fishes. Too damn lazy to maintain it. All the best on your fishy endevour buddy :)