Monday, August 27, 2007

Honey, My Eggs Are Ready

On Saturday I went to the last day of the Culinary trade show at KLCC. I had a invitation and a pass courtesy of a supplier I'd met in my last job. Everyone else was walking around with passes that said 'Visitor' while mine had 'VIP' on it although what additional benefits a VIP was supposed to have I have no idea. It was good, I got to walk around and meet many people I'd met in the course of "The Last Job". Got to look at the latest and greatest, renew acquaintances, say hello and meet new people.

I met an old friend from Perth days. We were housemates and good friends my last semester. I haven't seen him for over seven years. Malaysian but lives in Kota Kinabalu. It was good chatting and catching up with him. From him I've learnt my latest revelation.

I'll share it with you.

When you're trying for a kid, it's not fun, it feels like work.

You wake up, get dressed and get ready to go to work when the wife pipes up, "Honey, I'm ovulating."

One foot is out the door, briefcase in hand. You think to yourself, "oh, fuck" then close the door, get undressed and proceed to do exactly that.

4 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Buddy, you make it sound like a chore ... LOL!

The Bimbo said...

I've heard of that... A friend of mine too.. I think it's sad when it comes to that.

Kevin K said...

ouch...that kinda hurts buddy... i guess thats why men only reach the peak of their career when approach the mid-40's range....

well, best way to overcome this is to fuck like a rabbit i suppose... no offense to those tryin for kids out there... just a mere thought....

Sen said...

Well yeh. If I ever found myself in the same situation I guess I'd rabbit it and see what happens.

LOL!