Monday, August 20, 2007

Enforced

Ah! I'm back.

Latest hiatus twofold and was forced upon me when my modem died a quiet death without even as much as a whimper. I swear that manufacturers engineer their products to expire shortly after their warranty period ends. The second part of the enforced hiatus was when the cable on my laptop's power adapter broke. Looking at it, it's designed to break if the cable is repeatedly wound up. A new one costs RM250. I tell you, these people are utter and complete bastards.

My next modem is going to be a Belkin wireless modem/router. Belkins come with lifetime warranties. That's got to be worth the price.

So yeh, here I am again. I'll get something down soon as I can think of something to put down.

1 comment:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I know how that feels, I can't even begin to remember the number of times all my stuff broke down the minute the warranty expired! It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Glad to see you back, was beginning to wonder if those little green men got you!