Friday, November 17, 2006

Just Rambling About Blogs

I suppose I have to clear something up. Even an old friend from years back asked a few questions. In a few of my posts you might see me refer to my children or to Luke and Lydia. Let me explain, my ex-girlfriend is a single mother with two children, Lydia (5) and Luke (3). I am not their biological father though they still call me daddy. Their mother and I split up after two years in May this year though we're still friends now. This leads to some complications and a sad sorry state should I meet someone and decide pursue a new relationship. It wasn't easy and it still sometimes gets into a mess. Life, it ain't easy.

Now, about the blogs I've listed on my sidebar. I do read the blogs I have listed there. I list them because I do think they're worth reading. By having them there I would hope other people reading my blog and who approve of my writing would move on to the others. I do think that the blogs I list are, to a degree, reflective of my own self. I was startled only today when I was reading one of the blogs and came across very strong and extreme views on race and religion. He has a right to his own opinion despite being a radical racist but there's no way I'm linking my blog to his now. Instantly deleted. I couldn't do anything else. I first I thought it might be shock tactics or satrical, so I read the whole thing. Nope. Just one of those guys who dig the dude ranting about Ketuanan Melayu (Malay Master Status) in parliament whilst brandishing a keris. If you're Chinese, Indian, homosexual or Jewish, he had a crack at you. What disturbed me was the apparent criticism of Islam. I read that while Islam is being touted as promoting peace, it actually advocates war or warlike behaviour.

On a happier note, I just noticed earlier than Ben of Just Sewjin added this blog onto his links page. Thanks Ben! Also, in Maine Ideas, I thought this was a good posting, Malaysia Bodoh? Ooohh Noowhhh...

I should state that I didn't ask nor inform the writers that I was putting up links to their blogs nor did I ask for them to link me in return. In hindsight, perhaps I should have asked permission. Well, if you own one of the blogs I listed and don't want it there, let me know and I will remove it and issue you an apology.

You might or might not have also realised that two of the blogs listed are rather adult oriented in nature. AwesomeZara, I think is a good blog. It's regularly updated, she writes well and is extremely opinionated. Opinionated is good to me as long as it doesn't promote hatred. Like deleted blog guy for example. I actually became a fan of her blog after she wrote a piece on mean kids and bullies. Which pretty much inspired my own posting about bullying, Growing Up Bullied. Recently though, she's been writing a lot about sex. Have no idea why but I'm not removing it of my links. Sex is a big part of our lives, loves, social standing, behaviour, appeal, politics, religion, ego, et cetera. It's a whole posting on its own. I like her writing. It stays.

Anal Amy however would cause lots of the tsk tsk tsk, shaking of heads to the downright outraged. Gimme a break. Anyone who doesn't like sex is either (i) dead, (ii) got a broomstick up their ass, (iii) impotent, or (iv) isn't getting any. I bet you those moral crusaders have a mini dungeon in their basement or four wives. Maybe both. It's another whole posting on its own. However. I like sex. As much as the next guy.... or girl. Amy's blog stays too.

What's my criteria of a good blog? Open, honest, personal, well written, regularly updated and occasionally thought provoking and occasionally light hearted. Regardless of topic or nature, the blogs listed on my sidebar are worth reading. At least, they are to me.

No comments: