Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Oldest Living Relative

The weekend I was in Singapore, my great grandmother had her 105th birthday party in Taiping. Not that she could really appreciate it anymore as her mind had failed her before her body did. I suppose my cousins and I are guilty of not elevating her to great-great grandmother status. Of the lot of us, three are in our 30s and the rest all in their 20s already. It was quite possible, just that none of us came to the circumstances of having children. My great grandmother attended the funerals of both my grandmother (her eldest daughter) and my grandfather. She outlived them both which is terrible in itself but the price of an extraordinarily long life.

My great grandmother passed away on 28th November. The day I returned from Singapore.

The picture below is of my great grandmother and myself at her birthday dinner in 2003.

Goodbye Ah Chor.



Mdm Lim, (Ong Geak Ho) November 1901 - 28 November 2006

2 comments:

Tiong said...

107 years old Great Grandmother...totally amazing, I'm stunned.

Btw, great blog. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

So your great-grand-mother Ah Chor Lim died today at 107 years and exactly 4 weeks?