Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Enjo Kosai

I remarked to a friend that I'd seen once in a while, not often, female bloggers trying on clothes in a store's changing room.

What? Startled him I did. I hope he didn't mention it on the air (the guy's a radio DJ).

It's like this. Girl tries on various clothes in a store changing room. Takes pictures with digital cam or cell phone camera. Next is to post the pictures on their respective blogs with a light hearted appeal for someone to sponsor the various articles of clothing. Thankfully (or unfortunately), no one's appealed for underwear as yet.

To be honest, what it is, as I see it.... is that the bloggers I've seen do this aren't seriously asking anyone to buy the clothes for them. And I'm not sure how they would react if anyone seriously offered to buy things for them. It's just a blog thing. I'm pretty sure the Japanese enjo kosai culture isn't prevalent here. What is it? Compensated dating is what it translates to.

As for me, I'm a slut. If you're young, female and remotely attractive, I will gladly sleep with you for a new pair of footy socks. Oh, plain black or white only please.


Because my shin guards are silver and black, I get called Robocop or Terminator at footy. I don't think it's a compliment though!


They're implying I'm too cheap to buy new socks. They're probably right!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Errr.. adding that you're turning 33 on Thursday might add your plea *grin*

Oh and you forgot the footy pants and the droopy footy drawers as well *wink*

Word of advice - if you're gonna ask, might as well go for the kill *wink*

Jen said...

aiyo.. so kesian. lets pass a collection tin around, people.

Sen said...

Someone give me socks!!!

LOL!