Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hoodoo Guru

Today's theme song is 'Waking Up Tired' by the Hoodoo Gurus, an Australian band. Examples of lyrics from the song:

"Man, they just drag on and on, and I'm so tired of waking up tired"

"I need a month of Sundays,
To help me cope with Mondays"

I've been a little but stressed the last week with deliverables that were due Monday, which was yesterday. Had something like 2 hours sleep the night before. You'd think I'd have crashed last night but it didn't happen. I tried reading, I tried blanking out, I even tried a midnight snack. Nothing worked so I used the last resort. I turned on the TV and within minutes I was asleep, probably snoring, on the sofa.

Works every time. But I am tired, of waking up tired.

1 comment:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I'm sure not many people know who the heck hoodoo gurus are. I used to listen to their songs a long time ago ... Glad there is someone here who still knows who they are :)