Sunday, June 17, 2007

Favourite food tag

Tag by cbenc12, favourite food and where.

* Meme Topic : What is your favorite food in your state or country?

Ipoh may be more famous for it's hor fun and I will say that there is no better anywhere else in the country. No one even comes close. I love the chicken rice in Ipoh though. You can get it from only one shop. It's a stall passed down from father to son. My parents bought from the father, now we buy from the original guy's son. It's expensive for Ipoh but worth every sen.

Just as a footnote, I have come across chicken rice which can rival Ipoh's. It's a little different, not quite the same but extremely tasty. I've had it only once in Toa Payoh, Singapore. I'll be heading to Singapore again in late July. I think I will insist on having more of that.

You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.

Colleen’s little world of thoughts
Amelia’s reflection of a magical smile
Suwan’s simpleman
Jean’s Great Pleasure
Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia
JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow
My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak
Monterssorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun
Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee
PeimunLeah loves Hakka Lei Cha
Hui Sia loves Crispy duck skin from China
Karen loves Pan Mee
Simple American loves Cheese Enchiladas
Nicole Tan loves Char Tau Kueh
velverse loves Otak-Otak
Giddy Tiger loves Dim Sum
may loves Roti Bakar
Selba loves Gado-gado
Chen loves Satay*
eastcoastlife loves Shanghai Buns
Kev loves 蕃薯旦
Bokjae loves Ipoh Sar Hor Fun.
cbenc12 loves Satay Celup~
huisen loves Ipoh chicken rice

I'm belatedly tagging the bloggers on my links who obviously love food:

Barbsie

Rabbit

Zynamic Gala

Though they'll probably miss seeing they've been tagged.


5 comments:

The Bimbo said...

Chicken rice? Must try the one at East Coast la..... :) Come come come. :)

Rabbit said...

Ipoh Hor fun! I miss Ipoh Hor fun!

Sen said...

Hello Bobo! Is the one at East Coast better than the one at Toa Payoh? Would you issue a guarantee? LOL.

Nothing but nothing comes close to Ipoh hor fun. No where else on the planet. What people don't always realise is that it comes from just one stall in old town. And I thought rabbits mostly ate carrots! ;)

Rabbit said...

Eh i remember when i first read this post I wasnt tagged!! *pouts* u cheat! =P

Sen said...

Belated tagging and you did see it! Well done Feon!