Friday, December 01, 2006

Not So Happy Feet

Went to watch Happy Feet. It was a very charming movie. Funny, entertaining and visually very well produced. I enjoyed it but left on a slightly unhappy feeling. I wouldn't want to spoil very much of it for you if you have not watched it but I will make my point.

I feel that the film gives us the wrong message. Why is it that we will only protect flora and fauna and do something about conservation if the species in question benefit us in some way. Unless it amuses us, is cute and/or attractive, we just don't bother? As guardians of this planet and all its living entities, we don't do a very good job. Cute, beneficial or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Lovelace. He's... he's.... so special. Haha! One fat penquin that looks like the odd one out in his clan. I think Warner Brother's had to balance the scale as it's unfair to have a choking fat penguin so they gave him a a funky hairdo (or feather-do).

Go Lovelace, Go! You are all Funk and Blues!