Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bravo Johnny Bravo

I played my hour's worth of footy last night with my erstwhile teammates. The Machas couldn't make it so we played the Italians instead. We had utterly hammered the Machas last week and this time round it looked like it was our turn for a spanking. We were 6-0 down in the first 20 minutes.

The Italians are a funny bunch. Olive coloured guys with frizzy hair and names like Francesco and Fabio. Fabio amused Adrian. He's so muscle bound Adrian calls him Johnny Bravo. Which of course is made all the more funny that they shout 'Bravo!' at each other often enough. They speaka da Italiano to each other of course.

I did my toe in about halfway as well. It's funny how small things can totally mess you up. I bled out under the toe nail. I know as much cos the thing is as black as night right now. I had to wear slippers to work today.

We won in the end though. A herculean effort was required and we won 13-8. I scored just the one but as my teammate, Dario said, "you don't score many but when you do they're really good goals." And it was good, even if I say it myself, and especially since I was already limping around the court by then.

I'd pounced on a loose ball and lobbed everyone in front of me almost from the halfway line. To borrow a basketball phrase, nothing but net.

Belissimo.

Bravo!

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I sure envy you, I haven't kicked a football in a few decades now. All I ever do nowadays (if I'm not too lazy that is) is just go running. Not that I'm complaining cos I love running.

Sen said...

Ah, you're like my dad. Runs, swims, bikes, gardens. Stuff you can do alone.

I golf and footy. Stuff you don't do alone.

Peace and solitude vs interaction and competition.