Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Where's Wally?

I was talking to a friend of mine who studied overseas and he was relating something that happened to him while he was over there.

Where he was, I wouldn't want to live there.

I wouldn't want to live in a country where if I get pulled over by cop, I have to stay in my car, not make any sudden moves and keep my hands where they can be seen.

I don't want to live in a country where when I am asked to produce my car registration and when I lean over to the glove compartment, the cop's hand is suddenly on the butt of his handgun and he's barking orders at me and on full alert.

I would refuse to live in a country where I will buy a gun just because everyone else has at least one and that includes the bad guys, the mentally unstable, the easily excited, teenagers, celebrities and everyday ordinary folk.

It's ridiculous.

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sen said...

I read the comment before it was deleted. Not sure why it got removed but I agree with it.