Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yo Mama

I park my car in the parking lots below the office while I'm at work. The ones where you feed coins into the beast and get a little piece of paper with the expiry time and your number plate on it.

I went downstairs at 4:50pm. Time had expired. I did think I should put in 60sen into the beast which is better than a 30Ringgit fine. I thought, what the hell, 10 minutes left before quitting time. I was packed and ready to go at 5pm. My colleague has the keys. She's not coming in tomorrow so I need to take the keys from her. I wait for her and at 5:10pm she gets up to go. I get to my car at 5:13pm. There's a fine on the windscreen, time of fine: 5:11pm. I clutch the fine in my clenched fist and scream rage at the heavens.

"Ahhh.... ffffuuuuuuucccckkkkk!!!!!"

The parking attendant, who is still nearby decides to be scarce. I spot her when I get into my car.

Mothers Day just went by. I hope parking attendants treat their mothers well. Cos nobody loves parking attendants except maybe their mothers.

3 comments:

Grace Koh said...

5:11 and 5:13. So near yet so far.

Rabbit said...

Eh? I thought the whole parking thing starts from 9 to 5 only? Anything after 5 is not valid wor I supposed. Normally I don bother to get a parking ticket when it's near 5.

Sen said...

Yes Grace, there was a point of no return which I didn't make.

I wish you were right darling Rabbit, I really really wish you were right!