Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend Spillage

First things first.

One hand on the Premiership! It wasn't anywhere near the best game I've ever seen but the win was more satisfying in the tale of two penalties. If other fans despise Cristiano Ronaldo, that's no big deal. The guy seems to take all the abuse and quite often stuffs it to them by scoring or setting up goals. If any player deserved abuse it was Michael Ball. I don't really care that he threw himself over Wesley Brown's leg to win a penalty. What irked me was the stamp on Ronnie early in the game. Well, surprise surprise, Ronnie stuffed it to him and the boo boys not very long later.

It might be said that Ronaldo didn't have a good game other than winning the penalty and converting it. I suppose then people who say that didn't notice that City players converged on him whenever he got the ball.

On a side note, you don't know how pleased I am to see Nemanja Vidic back in the team. He looks close to full fitness and full form.

Sentimentality only gets so far. I have one of those mini compo thingies that my dad bought for me as a present years ago. I've been resisting suggestions that I dispose of it for many years now. It's been a piece o'crap with CDs (it's old, I got it when I was 21) and getting progressively worse. I used to be able to take it but recently I've been using it to play the backing tracks for when I play guitar. Naturally having the CD skipping while you're trying to play to the track really annoys. I snapped today.

Beat the beejezuz out of it. Oh hang on. That's not quite accurate. I carefully detached the speakers from the main unit first then placed it on the carpet (no floor damage) and smashed the bloody thing. I haven't thrown a tantrum like that in a while. Man, it's therapeutic.

I've bought a new player, it up to my old speakers and subwoofer (which are quite good) and gave the new speakers to Barbsie. The new player's a Panasonic as well so there's some continuity and the labels still match. It's got a really funky CD door as it folds onto itself and up. It plays mp3s as well. So I've traded the cassette player for mp3 capability. Cool. Who still listens to cassettes? Gone the way of the 8 track I think. Can any of you remember 8 track cartidges and betamax? Are you even old enough?

Paris Hilton. Sentenced to 45 days jail. Wow, I haven't spilled on her in a while. I don't think it's a bad thing that she's going into the house. When she comes out, she's gonna have some street cred! She's spent time in the house! Snoop Dogg can produce her next album. She can do a Nelly Furtado. Never mind that she'll have to fend off butch prisoners and prison guards for 45 days. The street cred will be worth it. Do her career good. Chin up girl.

No comments: