Monday, May 21, 2007

FA Cup Final Ramblings

I saw this on the football365.com letters section:

"On a quicker note... Evra instead of Heinze, O'Shea instead of Brown, Smith instead of Fletcher... please."
- Imran Laher

It's like an echo of my own opinions before the game even started.

Me? I was stunned when Fergie played Heinze instead of Evra who I've come to appreciate immensely, much like Vidic. I also really wanted to see 2 up front, Smith and Rooney instead of the complete bollocks which saw Giggs and Ronaldo playing in positions where they wouldn't maximise damage to Chelski. I wouldn't say Darren Fletcher had a bad game or is a bad player (he didn't and he's not), he just shouldn't have been there purely for tactical reasons. Right fullback? I personally had no preference to Wes Brown or John O'Shea.

Of course, this doesn't imply that MU would have won if these changes were made to the starting lineup. For all we know, with a weaker midfield, MU might have lost it in normal time. Although it can be argued with forwards like Smith and Rooney, the midfield would have cover even from the front. Ah, bollocks. In hindsight, everyone has 20/20 vision.

Forget it. But before I stop, I'd just like to mention that my man-of-the-match for that game is Michael Essien. A truly fantastic player but another of Chelski's whores. Not near as bad as that Jon Obi Mikel feller though. He actually photographed with an MU shirt before the complete bollocks that was to follow and culminated him in signing for Chelski. Looking at him now, thank the stars he's a football slut. MU even got 12million quid in Roman's pocket loose change as compensation. Essien though is a class player. Just not a class act. I'd love for him to be wearing red though.

Despite the tauntings of the Chelski fans on Sunday, I took it quietly and with food humour. I know one thing. Next season. Every EPL match they watch on TV, every EPL pre-game show, they will have to watch Gary Neville lift the Premiership trophy in the opening sequence. Over and over and over again for at least until this time next year. Cheers boys.

No comments: