Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Love Tramp Stamps

You may or may not know I just got back from Ipoh on Tuesday night. I did my usual things. Eat a lot of food, bitch about the quality and quantity of babes and buy myself a new Perak FA footy t-shirt from Yik Foong.

What is it with people Ipoh mali? We're really clannish and proud of our origins. I have a friend whose entire family is here in KL. Still, whenever they buy a new car for anyone in the family, it's back to Ipoh to register the car there just so they can have an 'A' plate on the car. My car has a Perak plate as well but that's cos the car was bought in Ipoh.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was in Yik Foong. Just before I left I popped into the tattoo shop on the ground floor. It's really nice, looks professional. They used to be in the basement of the complex which any Ipoh Mali will tell you is dingy, dirty and questionable. So they've made it up and out of the basement. Tattoos used to be cool cos they were non conformist. It's so damn trendy now. Fuck it. There were two girls behind the counter in the tatt parlour. I chatted with one, Tiffany, 20s, slim, not bad looking but slim with full boobs in a top that gave a hint of what-lies-beneath. Woohooo! She said she was one of the tattoo artists there. And I thought, "What the fuck?"

Tiffany was in a sleeveless top and jeans. So fair go. There's still a lot of skin covered but from what I could see, I did not see a single tattoo on her. It's like going to the hairdresser and finding her bald even though she still has every hair follicle. But honestly, she's the type of person that can't wear a lot of tattoos. She's the type that looks demure which is always the best thing when you least expect it and discover that she's got a tramp stamp. Like in Cars, when Lightning discovered that Sally the Porsche had pin striping when her active spoiler was raised. It's so ironic that one of the most evocative things in my book was depicted by a CGI cartoon.... about cars.


Viva la Tramp Stamp!


Pictures from ilovetattoosandpiercings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...tramp stamps. Has such a nice ring to it. I didn't hear that phrase until last month. Cracks me up.