Monday, December 04, 2006

Prioritising

Well, I'm still here in Ipoh. I'm waiting to get my car to the head of a queue to have its cuts and scrapes painted and touched up. I've been in Perak since Friday. My great grandmother's funeral was on Sunday in Taiping. She was buried beside her husband who had died 29 years before. I have vague recollections of him but not much detail. I was only three when he passed away. That's about all I had come back to Ipoh for. Other than that I have been eating quite a bit (on my way to fat bastard) and dealing with the craving. I haven't had a cigarette since I came back. What's probably going to happen is that I take my traditional break at the Tapah rest stop, have the first fag in days and then pass out from the giddiness. I have to quit soon. Sigh. It's getting too expensive. Wallet first. Health later.

I'm itching for a party. I haven't been out to a club since I went to Singapore. One thing at a time I suppose. I really need to see to some things concerning work and I have a kitchens designer, an electrician, a plumber and a contractor running loose in my new house in BU. A very dangerous thing to let happen unsupervised. Happily, they all would like to stay on my good side as in my job I give them additional business and potentially new clients. That's my saving grace on the house. I also trust my contractor, he's in charge of the whole schmang so I think I'm pretty safe. Well, priorities and prioritising. I first look into my house, then work and a little footy. After that I can look for the boys and hit Heritage Row. Alcohol, tobacco and eye candy.

Sounds like a plan.

No comments: