Friday, December 15, 2006

Till The Bombs Drop

Fly FM ran a phone in thingy a little while back where you ring them up and tell them what you'd do if there were no tomorrow. I heard a whole heap of mushy mushy stuff. It's all good and quite nice. Walks on the beaches, tell mum you love her, hold your loved one till the next day. Nice. Floaty. Mushy.

It brought me back to a discussion with friends I had 14 years ago at the mamak. I suddenly remembered it during one of the Fly FM mushes. The question at the time was what to do if THE BOMBS were about to drop. Must realise that in that day and age, the cold war was still going on and the Americans and the Russians had bombs that made 'Fat Boy' and 'Little Man', the bombs which ended WWII, look like firecrackers.

I heard a number of noble and nice things before without much thought, I said that if nuclear war was about to break loose, I'd fuck till THE BOMBS hit. What's there to do? Pretty much nothing. Don't have to worry about pregnancy, HIV or any other STD for that matter, nor angry fathers, brothers, boyfriends. There wouldn't be much left once the fucking Americans and Russians fuck up the world and everyone in it who wasn't even interested in their politics.

It'll be on the radio and TV. For you little generation x-ers, there was no established internet, widespread satelite TV or cell phones. What cell phones there were looked like a brick and was as heavy as one but cost the whole house. So, back to it, once the word got out, I'd put on my shoes, grab the first girl that took my fancy (with the famous words, "Yeh, you'll do!!") and once I've explained the situation to her I don't think it'd be much of a problem.

There was much nodding of heads and muttered approval. "Yeah, till the bombs drop". "Fuck till the bombs hit". It was a deep philosophical discussion that. Well, of course, back then I was still in virgin territory. *Ahem*. There was no fucking way I was going to die a virgin. I was gonna fuck till the bombs drop. Count on it.

No comments: