Friday, December 08, 2006

Rage Against the Developer

Goddamn! I am severely pissed off. My sister and I bought a unit each of the Savanna apartments in Seri Maya in Ampang last year. It is a Tan & Tan project but they are developing it under the Bintang Buana flag. One of the payments was due on the 17th of November. The cheques were sent months ago. Now we find that the cheques never arrived or if they did, never banked in for whatever reason. Whatever it is, they consider the payment not made. Fine. Until the fact that they didn't send any reminders until the 4th of December is taken into consideration.

We only realised that something was amiss when it became known by bank statements that the cheques weren't paid in. You bet that we would have appreciated it if a reminder was sent before the due date with time to reissue the cheques. Now we're informed that we have incurred late payment interest charges. Goddamn, I am pissed off. They only sent a reminder more than 15 days after the due date. Incidently, the reminder hasn't even arrived. I only got to know about speaking to a Bintang Buana representative.

I'm not sure what my options are now but as far as I am concerned Tan & Tan's and Bintang Buana's image and customer appreciation are tainted as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: