Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Manchester United vs AC Milan. Full Time.

Final score 3-2 to Manchester United.

What a second half. Games like this one make it all worthwhile.

At 2-2 I thought that I could accept the score as the MU players had played their hearts out and given their all. I can accept even defeat when the players have tried their best but maybe run out of luck. It's the same when I'm playing. I don't mind losing when my team is at least trying. In the same vein, I don't like it when the guys in my team don't put in a lot of effort even when we're winning.

I won't single out any of United's players for special praise. I will however give praise to the entire team as a whole and credit to Sir Alex for the way the team performed.

3-2 isn't the best score to take to the San Siro in Milan. Away goals by the opposition are always a dangerous thing. I am a bit concerned about the injury list MU is having at this time but as long as I see desire and commitment in the players on the pitch, I have a measure of confidence that Manchester United can indeed make it to the final in Athens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think special praise goes to Dida for all his great saves. I was so impressed. (I don't watch much football outside the Premier League... and MU games... and )

Sigh, hopefully, by the finals, one or two will come back. Or by some amazing miracle, Vidic and Ferdinand come back. While I'm at it, so will Neville.

Credits to the current defenders for trying to emulate the first team players. But on a whole, they definitely were playing with the belief that the best defense is an offense.

Scary game, I couldn't watch parts of it. It was too stressful for me. I ended up doing my assignment and keeping track of it on soccernet.

Sen said...

Dida's actually been coping a lot of stick in the Italian press. I'm also sure you read about him being put on sale on ebay. Everyone's saying he was at fault for the first goal but I don't really think he could have done a lot more than he did.

Never mind.

I do think even a weakened MU team can do the job in Milan. It's up to tactics, desire and a bit of luck.