Monday, April 09, 2007

My Domain Name

Here's a heads up if you're looking to register a domain name. eternalsolutions registers domain names but it stops there. There is no mention whatsoever about DNS management and DNS forwarding on their website. The first time you will see it is when you log into the control panel of your domain name and find it locked out.

Of course, I ring them up.

Me : There is no mention on your website that you would not provide the services. There is no mention of the services at all and no mention that there will be an additional charge for the services.

Her : Yes, but we didn't mention on the website that we will provide the services.

(can you BELIEVE she said that?)

Me : That's almost false advertising. There was no mention at all of it.

Her : ....

Me : Now I have a domain name and I can't do anything with it. Not without being able to manage the DNS or maybe even DNS forwarding. You claim to be the cheapest on your website. If I have to pay for the 'additional' services on top of the domain name you're actually more expensive.

Her : [Mouths off some other crap]

Me : [Thinking to myself, What a con job!!!!]

Her : So you will buy the additional services?

Me : I don't want to. I've been screwed by you people but I have to. I can't do anything without the 'additional' services.

Oh for fuck's sake. DON'T use eternalsolutions. You might as well buy a domain name from Emerge.

Emerge : Domain name + DNS forwarding + DNS Management = RM55

eternalsolutions : Domain name = RM35 + (DNS forwarding + DNS Management) = RM59

It's so obvious they're claiming to be the cheapest in town! based on this falsehood. A good example is Emerge. They list RM55 on their website. You play RM55. You get the domain name and the services you need to manage your domain name. eternalsolutions list RM35 on their website. You get the domain name and Sweet FA with it.

Cheapest in town! Ha fucking ha.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I booked a domain name with Eternal Solutions online 5 months ago but didn't pay 'cos decided wouldn't be needing one. They didn't chase me for payment either because it's merely an online order without actually registering as yet.

Thank goodness you mentioned about the con job! I thought they were the cheapest too based on their website. After reading this, I'm never going to register anything with them in the future.

Jen said...

good to know man. you should have said more to them. heh..

Anonymous said...

I'm currently using Interunix. www.interunix.net. I don't know if they offer what you're looking for, but you can check it out.

Sen said...

Close call for you, Janice.

Well Jen, there was a lot I still wanted to say but I still have my domain name registered with them. All I need them to know right now is my opinion of the whole hoo-ha and that I'm unhappy with them.

Thanks Erin. That was quite useful. Wish I'd known about it. My fault. I should have done more research.

albert said...

I'm on Eternal Solutions and had some hullabaloo with them recently. They disabled my site and charged me a RM50 penalty and would not be specific about whether I was sending out too many emails from my site or using too much resources. I'm still using their services though as the servers seem to be right next to Streamyx connections and loads faster than any other local site I've seen.

Sen said...

I feel for you Albert. Fast connection speeds shouldn't give them the right to behave like complete pricks.

Like your site heaps by the way!

albert said...

Whoa. Thanks!